Established in 2011, CFBL | Collège Français Bilingue de Londres provides French-English bilingual education to 700 students aged 3 to 15 years old.
Tolerance and openness are central to CFBL’s philosophy and permeate our community comprising some 35 different nationalities. Our school is located in Kentish Town, in central London, and provides pupils with an excellent education, underpinned by a special commitment to language learning and digital culture.
Our pupils are nurtured in a welcoming environment where they can discover the joys of learning, supported by attentive teaching staff whose approach is based on mutual trust and respect. They are encouraged to interact, be creative and take initiatives in our multicultural environment, in which they can acquire academic knowledge and also develop the human, relational qualities which will guide them through their years at school and beyond.
CFBL’s mission is to provide students with the best of French and British educational cultures, while preparing them for life in the modern world by giving them a bilingual, international, multicultural education.
We aim in particular to:
- deliver a bilingual and multicultural education to pupils,
- foster academic excellence by following the French curriculum as set out by the French Éducation Nationale whilst at the same time realising the full potential of each child,
- give advice and help to pupils, as well as their families, in order to help them realise the best possible educational path,
- promote the personal development of the pupils by offering them as wide a choice as possible of group and individual activities within the fields of art, culture and sport and to this end, to promote extra-curricular activities,
- prepare pupils for their entry into the upper secondary section of the French Lycée or help pupils transfer into the English education sytem.
- teach pupils to respect and embrace the richness and cultural diversity which CFBL offers.
The development of pupils is at the heart of the teaching at CFBL.
CFBL offers the best of French education and attaches particular importance to their well-being, personal development and their ability to work together. Our bilingual and bicultural project allows for the teaching of other languages and the discovery of other cultures. Nurturing multiculturalism is at the heart of CFBL’s educational project.
CFBL keeps up with the times – and the needs of the digital generation – with the latest IT systems and software.
The school’s overall project is reviewed by the AEFE.