Thank you for taking the time to visit our fundraising page! We are seven scientists working at Imperial College London and we are challenging ourselves by taking part in the 10k Race for Life Hyde Park 2017. Without vital financial support we couldn’t carry out our research so we know first-hand how important the role of charities such as Cancer Research UK is. Therefore, we are aiming to raise £500 to help Cancer Research UK’s life-saving work. With just a little donation you can help us make a difference!
- £2 buys a box of microscope slides for one scientist to examine tumour samples down the microscope
- £5 kits one ground-breaking research lab out with essential chemicals - the bread and butter of day-to-day experiments.
- £10 buys a lab timer to keep scientists on track as they go about their work, finding out what makes a cancer cell tick.
- £20 buys a lab coat, box of gloves and goggles, vital items to carry out experiments
- £50 buys a scientific sieve to separate out big bits and small bits of DNA to reveal vital clues about how to beat cancer sooner
- £270 covers the cost of a trial for a day to find the best treatment for children with a rare type of leukaemia, whose cancer has come back after treatment.
These are only a few examples of where your money will go and we really do hope all our friends can help us reach our target! Every pound you donate really does make a difference. Please also spread the word by sharing this page with your family and friends.
Donating through this page is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with Cancer Research UK.
Thank you in advance for your generosity… off to training now!