Skip to main content
Cancer Research UK Giving Page

Together we will beat cancer

Donate
Vivienne jones

Vivienne’s running London Landmarks half marathon

Total raised

£0.00

+ £0.00 Gift Aid

0%% Complete
0% of the £350.00 target
Donate

2023 London Landmarks Half Marathon

In memory of

Barbara Jones

My Story

My Mum would have been 70 this September, however, She was diagnosed with breast cancer at 53 and passed away at 55 back in 2008. Whilst treatment has improved in the past 14 years the sad fact is that 1 in 7 women will still be diagnosed - for 90% of those diagnosed there is a positive chance their treatment will work. For the remaining 10% of those diagnosed the journey won’t be so positive. So we need to support CRUK to continue to find more treatments to give the 10% more hope. So over the course of the next six months I will take to the pavements, roads and canal pathways to train for a half marathon, no small challenge for someone who doesn’t like running very much.

CAUSE

Breast cancer

With almost 140 women diagnosed every day, breast cancer is the most common cancer in the UK. And, although rarer, around 350 men are also diagnosed with breast cancer every year. The good news is more than two-thirds of women now survive 20 years or more. Help Cancer Research UK find new ways to diagnose and treat the disease.

Latest updates

Vivienne needs your support. Be the first to make a donation.

Donate
Total raised£0.00
Online£0.00
Offline£0.00

With Cancer Research UK Giving Pages more of the money raised goes towards beating cancer. Aside from the credit and debit card fees, every penny donated goes to Cancer Research UK.

All donations made to this page will automatically be transferred to Cancer Research UK.

Donate
Registered with Fundraising Regulator

Cancer Research UK is a registered charity in England and Wales (1089464), Scotland (SC041666), the Isle of Man (1103) and Jersey (247). A company limited by guarantee. Registered company in England and Wales(4325234) and the Isle of Man (5713F).

2 Redman PlaceLondonE20 1JQ