Cancer is happening right now, which is why I'm taking part in a Race for Life Pretty Muddy to raise money and save lives.
1 in 2 people will be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime. Every single pound you donate makes a difference to Cancer Research UK’s groundbreaking work, so please sponsor me now.
Unfortunately my friends and family hit the high end of this statistic, heres my story.
* 7 Years ago my mam was diagnosed with bowel cancer.
* 3 years ago a very close family friend named Rosie was diagnosed with several forms of cancer.
* 1 year ago my mother-in-law was diagnosed with breast cancer.
* 1 year ago my granny was diagnosed with cancer of the womb.
* A matter of months ago my Granda was diagnosed with skin cancer.
I count my blessings everyday that everyone of the above is still with us today either completely in remission and cancer free or fighting with everything they have to show cancer will not win and living everyday to the full!
Sadly there has been a couple of beautiful people who this devastating disease has taken from us.
* A matter of weeks ago my Auntie Annie was diagnosed with bowel and liver cancer - unfortunately she lost her battle to this horrible disease extremely quickly and she is missed by so many everyday!
* 1 year ago a good friend named Dave was diagnosed and tragically lost his battle to pancreatic cancer after fighting so hard to try and beat it.
CANCER is something that CAN and WILL be beaten. We raise money to stop anymore of our loved ones being taken away well before their time. The cure is out there we just need to stick together to find it!
I run this event to honour every single person mentioned above and for every single person this devestating disease impacts. Because this disease doesnt just impact an individual. It impacts everyone who loves them!! Please help me beat this..