Cancer is happening right now, which is why I'm taking part in a Race for Life Pretty Muddy to raise money and save lives.
Every single pound you donate makes a difference to Cancer Research UK’s ground-breaking work.
• 1 in 2 people will be diagnosed with a cancer in their lifetime.
• In 1970 only 24% of people with cancer survived; doubling to 50% by 2010. Cancer Research are hoping to further that to a 75% rate of survival within the next 20 years.
• £5 kits one of the research labs out with essential chemicals - the bread and butter of day-to-day experiments, helping to beat cancer sooner.
• £30 is the cost of running a cervical cancer trial for one day
• £53 can supply the labs with beakers and flasks, vital for all sorts of experiments from the basic to the life-saving.
• £100 covers the cost of giving one patient the Cytosponge test and analysing their results in the lab to diagnose early stages of oesophageal cancer.
• £270 covers the cost of a trial for a day to find the best treatment for children with a rare type of leukaemia, whose cancer has come back after treatment.
• £400 is the cost of running Cancer Chat for one day helping thousands of people through very difficult times.
Donating through this page is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with Cancer Research UK.