Due to the Covid-19 pandemic spreading globally, Campaign and the team at Stand Up To Cancer had to take the difficult decision to cancel the live event Sprintahon that was due to take place in July.
But we still want to be able to support this amazing charity and raise funds when they need it the most.
So we are launching a Virtual Campaign Sprintathon.
Instead of running 100m relay sprints, we are asking participants to pass a water bottle from screen to screen. We need a minimum of 250 people to film themselves passing the water bottle from their right hand to the left for a minimum of 5 seconds. We will then stitch all of these videos together and publish them on the Campaign website. If we can get at least 250 people to volunteer then we will be able to achieve a Guinness World Records title.
- The video must start with the water bottle out of shot and finish with the water bottle out of shot
- The water bottle must start and end at shoulder height in order to continue the sequence
- The water bottle must be passed from your right hand to your left hand
- The video must be filmed in landscape
- The video must be a minimum of 5 seconds long
- One person per video
- The video file, your full name and company must be sent to Sprintathon@cancer.org.uk
- The video must be sent to us between 22 May - 12 June, 2020
The money raised will help take breakthroughs in the lab and transform them into treatments and cures for cancer patients who need them right now.
Donating through this page is simple, fast and secure. Your details are safe with Cancer Research UK.