Raising money and awareness in memory of my amazing mum who passed away from a Brain Tumour in 2012. Sadly she was diagnosed and taken from us within 3 months. She taught me to be strong, never give up and that anything is possible if you work for it. This is true for every family and individual who has been affected by Cancer. I hope one day there is a cure and no family have to deal with this pain.
Brain Tumour Research could help improve these figures:
- The average survival rate for all malignant brain tumour patients is only 35%
- Brain tumours are the biggest cancer killer of children and adults under 40
- Almost 11,000 people are diagnosed each year with a primary brain tumour, including 500 children and young people – that's 30 people every day
- Over 5,000 people lose their lives to a brain tumour each year
- At least 102,000 children and adults are estimated to be living with a brain tumour in the UK currently
- Brain tumours reduce life expectancy by on average 20 years – the highest of any cancer
- Just 19% of adults survive for five years after diagnosis
Research offers the only real hope of dramatic improvements in the management and treatment of brain tumours. Over £500m is spent on cancer research in the UK every year, yet less than 2% is spent on brain tumours
1 in 2 people will be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime. Every single pound you donate makes a difference to Cancer Research UK’s groundbreaking work, so please sponsor me now.