Skip to main content
Cancer Research UK Giving Page

Together we will beat cancer

Alistair Wilson

Alistair's 100 push-ups Giving Page

Total raised


+ £3.75 Gift Aid

10%% Complete
10% of the £150.00 target

My Story

Thanks for visiting my fundraising page. This May, I’m doing 100 push-ups a day to help raise money for Cancer Research UK. Many people think that big Pharma companies are the ones driving new treatments for cancer. In reality only about 20% of new treatments originated through funding from big pharma alone. The remaining 80% were in some way backed by grants and funding from charities such as Cancer Research UK. I will make a deal with you. I am doing 100 pushups a day for the whole of May. Try it for one day and see what I am doing. It is tougher than it sounds!!! You are welcome to come laugh at me doing it, watch me suffer, see me stagger about looking ruined (I will try to post updates...). In return please donate what would be the price of a cheap drink to say well done (it can be just a coke). Know that even just this small gesture is not only encouraging me to keep going, but that you are contributing to an incredibly worthy cause funding life-saving research. Without the money raised by these charities many of those who have battled cancer and survived wouldn't be with us today. Many of the ones that sadly didn't make it, may have had more time to spend with loved ones before they left us. Many of you who have lost loved ones will know how precious time is. Please donate.


All Cancer Types

Cancer survival rates have doubled over the past 40 years. Consistent progress is being made but improvements to technology and ground-breaking work offer new opportunities to find different ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer and improve survival rates even further. Help Cancer Research UK improve results even faster.

Latest updates

Total raised£15.00

With Cancer Research UK Giving Pages more of the money raised goes towards beating cancer. Aside from the credit and debit card fees, every penny donated goes to Cancer Research UK.

All donations made to this page will automatically be transferred to Cancer Research UK.

Registered with Fundraising Regulator

Cancer Research UK is a registered charity in England and Wales (1089464), Scotland (SC041666), the Isle of Man (1103) and Jersey (247). A company limited by guarantee. Registered company in England and Wales(4325234) and the Isle of Man (5713F).

2 Redman PlaceLondonE20 1JQ